Travel Agent Policies and Procedures
- The following is the Independent Travel Agent Membership and Outside Sales Representative Agreement between Sunrise Travel Services, ULC, “Sunrise and We and Us,” and the person who has enrolled or is applying for enrolment in the Sunrise Travel Services, ULC host agency program, “You”. All persons, “Travel Agent Members,” agree to be bound by these terms of Travel Agent Membership and are urged to read them carefully. If you have any questions regarding your Travel Agent Membership and Outside Sales Representative status, you may contact our customer service centre at email@example.com or call 905 690 3331
- You agree that you are at least 18 years of age. You will support the travel industry and Sunrise Travel Services, ULC by generating and creating travel sales for the duration of this Agreement.
- You shall be authorized to act as an Outside Sales Representative for Sunrise Travel Services, ULC, promoting and selling travel products and services through Sunrise Travel Services. In such capacity, you shall comply with the terms of these Sunrise Travel Services, ULC Agent Program Policies & Procedures and guidelines contained herein, as amended from time to time. Upon acceptance (includes listing in the computer system as an “Agent”) by Sunrise, You will be deemed an active Travel Agent Member and shall be authorized to identify yourself as an Outside Sales Representative with Sunrise in accordance with the guidelines herein.
- You shall be able to use the promotional materials produced by Sunrise , and shall have a limited right to use any of the Sunrise trade or service names or marks, or any other promotional materials as expressly authorized in writing by Sunrise.
- Any and all marketing of travel must clearly state the TICO Registrant, “Sunrise Travel Services”, with name, address, and registration number, and shall not include a residential address or phone number. As such, any marketing materials outside of those produced by the Registrant “Sunrise Travel”, must be pre-approved by Sunrise. Your status on all written correspondence and in all verbal communications is as an “Outside Sales Representative”, of Sunrise Travel Services. Sunrise will support your efforts to sell travel by making available to you promotional material and other support services as described in its promotional literature.
- This agreement for all Ontario based agents, is pursuant to Section 12 of Ontario Regulation 26/05 made under the Travel Industry Act, 2002, which states that an Outside Sales Representative is required to have a contract with a registered Ontario travel retailer. Sunrise has adopted these same regulations as part of its own internal Policies and Procedures.
- Additionally, as you agree to operate under these terms and conditions as an Outside Sales Representative, you acknowledge, under the Travel Industry Act, 2002, that any transactions must take place at the location named with the Travel Industry Council of Ontario as the official business location.
- Furthermore all Outside Sales Representatives and Independent Travel Agents are required to follow the same guidelines as the registered travel retailer. This includes but is not limited to full disclosure of the price, consulting or service fees, and the availability of trip cancellation and out-of province health insurance(s), which must be provided or offered to a consumer prior to booking travel services. All Outside Sales Representatives and Independent Travel Agents must also review the terms and conditions of the reservation with the consumer, and the consumer must be advised in writing what documentation is required for all traveling passengers at the time of transaction. In addition, a Sunrise Travel Services Invoice & Receipt detailing the travel services being purchased must be immediately provided at the time of sale.
- All Sunrise Agent members are required to follow the same rules as registered travel agencies concerning monies received. Any monies received by an Outside Sales Representative or Independent Travel Agent must be payable to the registered travel agency and any consumer cheque payments must be made payable to the travel retailer, “Sunrise Travel Network”, and deposited into the registrant’s trust account. A Sunrise Travel Services, ULC receipt and invoice shall be immediately provided to the consumer that clearly outlines the details, particularly, the consumer’s name and address for each traveling passenger; the business name, address, and telephone number of the registrant; the name of the company supplying the travel services; a brief description of the travel services purchased, the amount of payment, any fees, taxes or other charges and whether those amounts are refundable or non-refundable and whether trip cancellation and out-of-province health insurance was accepted or declined shall be provided.
- All Outside Sales Representatives are required to meet minimum educational requirements as defined by the Travel Industry Act 2002, and Ontario Regulation 26/05. No travel may be discussed, offered or booked with any consumer until the educational standards are met.
- Compensation Schedule: Sunrise Travel Services must have proof in its possession, of proper Sunrise Travel Services Invoice & Receipt of any funds received by YOU. Whether funds are forwarded to Sunrise Travel Services or the Travel Supplier, all funds are to be processed immediately. No Outside agent or Independent Travel agent shall receive “cash” under any circumstances. All members are required to: properly handle all client funds, have properly completed Credit Card authorization forms for any and all credit card transactions, and have proof of service regarding availability of health and cancellation insurance, at the time of initial sale. Any and all commissions, for reservations or bookings found to be processed in violation of, or disregard of, Sunrise Travel Services rules and regulations as outlined in this section, and/or the legal regulations outlined in section 8, will be forfeit. In addition, Sunrise Travel reserves the right to terminate any agent, at any time, with or without cause. Sunrise shall pay You 60% of all commissions received in conjunction with Your travel sales, subject to the following of company rules and regulations, and any governmental rules, regulations and laws.
- After earning $5000 in agent commissions, 70% will then paid for all future bookings. After earning $10,000 in agent commissions, 75% will be paid for all future bookings. In addition, after earning $5000 in commissions in a calendar year (based on the T4A supplied to the agent at the end of the year) your monthly fee is waived the following year.
- This Agreement contains all of the terms and conditions to operate in our Outside Sales Representative or Independent Travel Agent Program for Sunrise Travel Services, ULC, and no representations, inducements, promises, or agreements concerning the Travel Agent Program not included in this Agreement shall be effective or enforceable. If any of the terms of this Agreement shall become invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms shall not be effected.
- Termination for Cause. Any violation of the rules set forth in this section, or Section 7, 8 and Section 10 and 10a above, are grounds for immediate termination for cause. Any agent terminated for cause will immediately forfeit any and all commissions not yet earned (traveled by consumer and paid by supplier), and any and all commissions earned, found to be earned in violation of Sunrise dTravel Services ULC rules and Regulations as listed in Section 10 above or Section 7 or 8 above as required by Canadian Regulation in Ontario.. Additionally, any pending or expected commissions not yet earned at the time of termination for cause, will be forfeit.
- Voluntary Termination. Either party may terminate this contract at-will, with or without prior notification. Sunrise Travel Services will continue to pay all commissions that were earned(client traveled and supplier commission received), prior to cancellation. However, any commissions not fully earned(client traveled and supplier commission received), prior to agents voluntary termination will be forfeit. Sunrise Travel Services will not transfer any bookings to any other agency at any time.
- You the Agent agree to use Sunrise Travel Services ULC as your sole host agency, unless special circumstances have been agreed upon with Sunrise Travel Services ULC beforehand. Not adhering to clause 16 may result in commissions being forfeited.
- You may not assign this Agreement. This Agreement does not constitute the sale of a franchise or distributorship. Your signature on this Agreement indicates your acceptance of this Agreement and binds you to its terms, provided that Sunrise Travel Services accepts this Agreement as provided for above. Sunrise reserves the right to assign its interest in this Agreement to another party.
- You shall be an Outside Sales Representative or Independent Travel Agent of Sunrise Travel Services ULC . You shall be responsible for any and all taxes, expenses, premiums, contributions and other payments arising from any income, and the activities You conduct under this Agreement. Sunrise only controls how travel is booked but does not control hours worked, tools or equipment, nor whether You hire assistants, or will profit thru commissions generated by the sale of travel. As this agreement understands that You have paid to join Sunrise for services concerning travel to include guidance, support, and access to suppliers, You will be treated as a non-employee regarding all laws covering employees including, but not limited to, the Employment Insurance Act, Canada Pension Plan, Civil Code of Quebec, Federal Insurance Contributions Act, the Social Security Act, the Federal Unemployment Tax Act, Income Tax withholding at any source and any other state or federal laws. You will not be eligible for health care, retirement or death benefits.
- You are responsible to comply with the Travel Industry Act, 2002 and Ontario Regulation 26/05, and You will comply with all applicable laws.
- If an agent terminates their contract with Sunrise Travel Services ULC, all subsequent commissions are subject to an administration fee of $69.99 per pay cycle.
- Sunrise Travel Services ULC reserves the right to open any mail correspondance that is addressed to the office. Please note that all TICO results are required to be mailed to the office directly.
- Adherence to the Code of Ethics is required as stated below; Any action found to be in breach of the Code of Ethics is cause for immediate termination, and may also result in a forfeit of pending commissions.
- I will be courteous, respectful, honest and fair in all my dealings while acting as a Sunrise Travel Services ULC Agent and I will perform my business activities in a manner that will enhance my reputation and the positive reputation of the Company.
- I will not make discouraging or disparaging claims toward otherSunrise Travel Services ULC Agents. I will ensure that in all Sunrise Travel Services ULC dealings I will refrain from engaging in negative language. I will refrain from making any type of slanderous statements.
NOT WITHSTANDING ANY LIABILITY PRESENT TO A CONSUMER BOOKING TRAVEL THRU SUNRISE TRAVEL SERVICES UNDER THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY ACT , 2002 AND ONTARIO REGULATION 26/05 ANYTHING CONTAINED WITHIN THIS AGREEMENT, IN NO EVENT SHALL SUNRISE TRAVEL SERVICES AND ITS RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, INDEPENDENT TRAVEL AGENTS, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, TRAVEL AGENT MEMBERS, TRAVEL AGENT MEMBERS’ REPRESENTATIVES, TRAVEL AGENT MEMBERS’ AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PRINCIPALS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR VENDORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST DATA, DELAYS, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANY OTHER ECONOMIC LOSS, COST OR EXPENSE ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF TRAVEL AGENT MEMBER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL SUNRISE TRAVEL SERVICES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, TRAVEL AGENT MEMBERS, TRAVEL AGENT MEMBERS’ REPRESENTATIVES, TRAVEL AGENT MEMBERS’ AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PRINCIPALS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR VENDORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF LOSS TO YOU CAUSED BY AN EVENT BEYOND THEIR CONTROL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS, NATURAL DISASTERS, TERRORIST ACTS, WARS, RIOTS, STRIKES, AND OTHER ACTS OF GOD. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF SUNRISE TRAVEL SERVICES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE REVENUES RECEIVED DIRECTLY FROM OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRECEDING THE DATE THE CAUSE OF ACTION ARISES. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUTSIDE SALES AGENT BRING ANY ACTION AGAINST SUNRISE TRAVEL SERVICES MORE. THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION ARISES.
You can contact Sunrise Travel Services ULC customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunrise Travel Services ULC126- 1140 Burnhamthorpe Rd WMississauga, ON, L5C 4E9905 275 3331
Last Updated 24/3/2016